Inspirational Quotes about Teachers, Education and Teaching
Are you looking for some inspirational sayings and quotes about teachers?
There are times when you're celebrating the career of a teacher. Whether you're celebrating the entrance of a new teacher into the world of education, or you're celebrating a long and fruitful career of a teacher you have known and loved for years, only the right quotes about teachers will do.
Indeed, when you're choosing a plaque to honor your teacher or giving something else so special, the right quote can set his or her path and sum up in words what the teacher in your life has tried to do for countless students.
Here are some inspiring quotes about teachers.
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward
kicking off this compilation of quotes about teachers by telling us what makes a teacher great..
- "No man can be a good teacher unless he has feelings of warm affection toward his pupils and a genuine desire to impart to them what he believes to be of value." - Bertrand Russell
- "Teachers teach more by what they are than by what they say." - Anonymous
- "Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand." - Chinese Proverb
- "If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important." - Barbara Colorose
one of the quotes about teachers which talks about the importance of this profession..
- "Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well." - Aristotle
another of the quotes about teachers which mentions the importance of educators and teachers..
- "It is not possible for one to teach others who cannot teach his own family." - Confucius
- "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influences.." - Amos Alcott
- "By viewing the old we learn the new" - Chinese Proverb
- "Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty." - Albert Einstein
one of the quotes about teachers which comes from a highly respected man..
- "To learn and never be filled, is wisdom; to teach and never be weary, is love." - Unknown
- "A master can tell you what he expects of you. A teacher, though, awakens your own expectations." - Patricia Neal
- "I have gathered a posy of other men's flowers and only the thread that bonds them is my own." - Michel Montaigne
- "They know enough who know how to learn." - Henry Adams
- "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." - Henry Adams
one of the quotes about teachers which holds a lot of truth..
- "We learn by teaching." - James Howell
- "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu
- "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot
one of the quotes about teachers which tells us that books teach, too..
- "More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" - Bertrand Russell
- "The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer" - Alice Wellington Rollins
- "You can't direct the wind but you can adjust the sails." - Anonymous
- "Even the clearest water appears opaque at great depth." - Anonymous
- "What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught,
as that every child should be given the wish to learn." - John Lubbock
one of the quotes about teachers which suggests the true meaning of education..
- "To know how to suggest is the great art of teaching." - Henri Frederic Amiel
one of the quotes about teachers which tell us what teaching is all about..
- "What office is there which involves more responsibility, which requires more qualifications, and which ought, therefore, to be more honorable than teaching?" - Harriet Martineau
- "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." - Unknown
- "If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn." - Ignacio Estrada
- "By learning you will teach; by teaching you will understand." - Latin Proverb
- "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Unknown
- "The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, 'The children are now working as if I did not exist.'" - Maria Montessori
- "Education is the mother of leadership" - Wendell L. Willkie
- "Seldom was any knowledge given to keep, but to impart; the grace of this rich jewel is lost in concealment." - Bishop Hall
- "If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others." - Tryon Edwards
- "Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers." - Josef Albers
- "Natural ability is by far the best, but many men have succeeded in winning high renown by skill that is the fruit of teaching." - Pindar
- "We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." - Ben Sweetland
- "Grammar speaks; dialectics teach us truth; rhetoric gives coloring to our speech; music sings; arithmetic numbers; geometry weighs and measures; astronomy teaches us to know the stars." - Latin Maxim
- "The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." - Kahlil Gibran
- "We can teach from our experience, but we cannot teach experience." - Sasha Azevedo
It might not seem like much, but the right quote can tell the teachers that you know how much their work has made a difference in your world, and any occasion that you have to offer a gift to tell them as much can not only brighten their day, but it can make a good teacher see just how important they really are.
We hope the inspiring quotes about teachers compiled above will be useful to you.
Read More: Teacher Appreciation Quotes | Teacher Appreciation Sayings | Retirement Teacher Humor - Funny Quotes about Teaching and Retiring | Teacher Quotes and Sayings | Other Teacher Ideas and Information | Home Page | Site Search
What Are YOUR Favorite Quotes about Teachers, Education and Teaching?
Do YOU have in mind some great ideas and tips for quotes about teachers, education and teaching? Share and write about these tips and ideas for teacher quotes, verses and sayings here!
Click here for more pages and articles on Teacher Quotes and Sayings.
Get a health-promoting or eco-friendly gift for someone special. Thousands of choices available. $5 or $10 discount for new customers.
Some Related Teacher Quotes and Sayings Pages
Inspirational Quotes about Teachers, Education and Teaching
Teacher Appreciation Quotes - Sayings and Verses for Expressing Your Gratitude
Teacher Appreciation Sayings - Quotes to Say Thank You to Your Teacher
Return from this page to Various Teacher Ideas and Information
Return from this page Inspirational Quotes about Teachers, Education and Teaching to 101 Inspirational Ideas... tips for life and self improvement... Home Page