Homemade Dog Food Recipes That Will Make Your Canine Friend Smile
Are you seeking some homemade dog food recipes? Here are a few ideas and suggestions.
Although there are numerous really good commercial pet foods available, if you really want to know what your dog is eating, it is best to make it yourself.
Share YOUR Ideas!
Click here for more pages and articles on Pet Food.
There are so many dog food recipes available from your local library and on the internet, so your dog can enjoy a variety of really great food.
Also, don't simply switch quickly to homemade foods for your dog. This will definitely upset his stomach, so it needs to be introduced slowly. It might also be a good idea to consult your vet before starting your dog on homemade foods. Your dog's age, size, and weight all need to be taken into account.
One great homemade dog food recipe is called the Doggy Hamburger Helper. Make this for your puppy and he will love you forever. You will need:
Combine all the ingredients and serve at room temperature. You can also add a good doggie vitamin / mineral supplement for added nutrition. Store and keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and discard any remaining food after three days.
We hope your pet will enjoy this homemade dog food recipe!
Just as we humans prefer home-cooked food to canned or bagged food, so is it too for our canine friends. Raw meat should be the main part of your dog's daily diet, as opposed to cooked meat. During cooking time, vitamins, proteins and minerals lose their benefits, so raw meat is definitely much better for your dog.
Try your dog on this raw meat mix - this homemade dog food recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare, and he'll really love it!
Combine all the ingredients of this homemade dog food recipe. Depending on your dog's preference, this can be chopped, pureed, or left in large chunks, and kept in the refrigerator. This mixture should only account for about 20% to 40% of your dog's daily diet; the remaining 60% to 80% should consist of raw meat and bones.
In looking for and planning homemade dog food recipes, please understand that it is not healthy for your dog to be overweight. So many complications are caused by your dog being overweight. If you put your dog on a diet and get him back into shape, it could extend his life by at least two years.
See that your dog gets enough exercise to help burn off all those extra calories, and don't give him any snacks between meals. If you really must give your dog a little snack, give him small amounts of apples, carrots or other vegetables, lean meat, raw bones, unsalted popcorn without oil or butter.
Talk to your vet, who will recommend the best weight loss dog food on the market, so that you can help your dog to live a happy, healthy life for a long time to come.
Explore more homemade dog food recipes by reading the other related articles and pages on this website.
What Are YOUR Favorite Homemade Dog Food Recipes?
Do YOU have in mind some nice homemade dog food recipes? Share and write about these tips and ideas for dog food recipes here!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read. Leave a comment in the box below.
Some Related Pet Food Pages
Return from this page to Animals and Pets - Friends from the Animal Kingdom
Return from this page Homemade Dog Food Recipes That Will Make Your Canine Friend Smile to 101 Inspirational Ideas... tips for life and self improvement... Home Page
[?] RSS - Subscribe To This Site
This website's content must not be reproduced or republished without express permission.
The information provided on this website is to be taken as suggestions or educational material and not to be considered professional advice.
We suggest that you consult a qualified professional to get any assistance or advice you may need.
Copyright© 2010-2014 101InspirationalIdeas.com. All Rights Reserved.
Return to top