Baby Shower Cake Decorating Tips and Ideas
Are you searching for some baby shower cake decorating tips and ideas?
One of the best things about a baby shower is the shower cake. From simple to elaborate, the cake will get the most attention from the guests out of all the food offered.
The decorated cake will be the centerpiece of your table. Themed baby showers make decorating your baby shower cake easy - all you need to do is follow your theme.
If you are having a sports theme, you could decorate your cake as a football or soccer field. A baby girl shower could be decorated all in pink with ribbons, bows, and tiny dolls. No matter how you decorate your baby shower cake, remember to take pictures to add to the baby album!
Below are some ideas to help you get started on baby shower cake decorating.
Tips for Successful Decorating of a Baby Shower Cake
Read the following steps to decorate a baby shower cake.
- An important tip for baking a uniform and smooth cake is to rotate the cake pan every 20 minutes. This will help in keeping all the sides of your cake even.
- Cakes need to cool properly. Plan ahead so that your cake has at least a few hours to cool, if not more. A warm cake will only melt your icing and cause your decorations to drip off. Even if the cake feels cool to the touch, you should still give it another hour or so. This is one step that you do not want to hurry on.
- Always start with a base layer of frosting. Ensure your base layer is as smooth as possible. Let the base set well before you begin the actual frosting and baby shower cake decorating.
- This would be the point where you can either add another layer of your actual frosting, or paint a background / base color on your cake.
- Use an icing bag, if you have one, to start your baby shower cake decorating. Check the nozzle frequently to keep it free from clogging.
- Use your imagination to add items such as a baby rattle, diaper pins, or even tiny dolls or racecars to make your cake special.
More Important Tips for Baby Shower Cake Decoration
The following tips will help you with baby shower cake decorating.
- Ingredients: Preparation is important when making your baby shower cake. It is extremely helpful to have all of your ingredients ready ahead of time and easily accessible, preferably on the counter where you will be decorating the cake.
- Size: It's also helpful to have enough cake on hand to feed all of your guests! Make sure that your cake size is sufficient so that everyone attending is ensured a piece of the baby shower cake.
- Color / Theme: Choose a color that is suitable to the theme of your baby shower. Blue is traditional for boys, while pink is usually associated with baby girls. You are usually safe using any pastel colors for a baby shower cake. If you have a particular theme, try and decorate your cake to follow that theme. If you have an 'A,B,C' theme, for example, you might want to focus only on primary colors.
- Design or Illustrations: With computers becoming more and more a daily part of our lives, it is now fairly simple to transform a photo of the family-to-be into something akin to a screen print that you can lay onto your cake for a background or focal point. This is a great baby shower cake decorating idea, and an excellent way to personalize your baby shower cake.
- Text: To text or not to text. This, as with most of your other decorations, is a personal choice. If you decide to add some text, you might want to put the impending birth date, or expected parents' names.
You should now have plenty of information about baby shower cake decorating. All that's left is to get started!
Read More: More Baby Shower Cake Decorations Ideas | 2 | 3 | Baby Shower Cake Toppers | Baby Shower Cakes | Other Baby Shower Ideas | Home Page | Site Search
What Are YOUR Favorite Ideas and Tips for Baby Shower Cake Decorating?
Do YOU have in mind some great ideas and tips for baby shower cake decorating? Share and write about these tips and ideas for baby shower cake decorations here!
Click here for more pages and articles on Baby Shower Cakes.
Get a health-promoting or eco-friendly gift for someone special. Thousands of choices available. $5 or $10 discount for new customers.
Some Related Baby Shower Cakes Pages
Baby Shower Cake Designs
Baby Shower Cake Design Ideas - A Few Fun Suggestions
Baby Shower Cake Recipes You Could Explore
Baby Shower Cake Decorating Tips and Ideas
Baby Shower Cake Decorations Ideas and Tips
Baby Shower Cake Decorating Ideas - Inspiration for Cake Decoration Using Icing
Baby Shower Cake Decorations - Useful Ideas and Tips
Baby Shower Cake Toppers - Ideas for Decorating Your Cakes
Return from this page to Wonderful Baby Shower Ideas - Great Celebrations for Newborns
Return from this page Baby Shower Cake Decorating Tips and Ideas to 101 Inspirational Ideas... tips for life and self improvement... Home Page